Description: Sticky Rice Project (SRP) is a series of anti-racism trainings with an Asian American lens. Join us for our Train the Trainers Event, which will include the opportunity to discuss goals for the project, develop SRP curriculum, and practice facilitation. Come if you are interested in building facilitation skills and/or if you would like to be involved with the Sticky Rice Project. We hope to see you there!
Time: 12-5pm (lunch included), Location: Viet-AID (42 Charles St, Dorchester)
- Introduction/overview of SRP including recap of past sessions
- Goals for the training: determine people's levels of interest in SRP and which workshop topics they are excited about
- Develop the SRP curriculum to represent current political interests/workshop ideas
- Allow time for participants to facilitate parts of the curriculum to the wider group
- Whole group discussion on popular education and overall purpose of SRP
- Curriculum Discussion: create full list of workshop topics/brainstorm goals for each topic
- Train the Trainers:
- Review effective facilitation skills
- Break into small groups and practice facilitating a section of the SRP curriculum to the larger group
- Facilitation debrief and feedback
- Future planning/Closing/Evaluations
Let us know if you have any questions.
Please email email@example.com by Thursday evening to RSVP!